Lidl - Parkside Table Top Circular Saw

Lidl have a Table saw on offer next week and i am thinking of gettin

one. does anyone out there have one of these and is it worth buying ( year warrenty) any feedback welcome

-- markp1706

Reply to
markp1706

If your not concerned about accuracy measurements then fine. Tis poor alignment guides that let it down.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from markp1706 contains these words:

I'm a little bothered by it claiming.. "Die-cast casing made from robust sheet-steel"

Reply to
Guy King

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:22:53 +0100, Guy King wrote (in article ):

Perhaps you should apply for the position of marketing manager for these offers. That way, the person doing these at the moment could return to doing promotions on bananas, which is probably more within their ability.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

If you mean copywriter - then yes, I'd probably be better at it than the current incumbent.

Reply to
Guy King

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:43:43 +0100, Guy King wrote (in article ):

weeellll no. I think that the problem is more fundamental than that. It doesn't seem that anybody who knows which way's up is in the driving seat or for that matter anywhere in the car.

I suppose that sooner or later somebody will pick them up and they'll be prosecuted by a TS department for incorrect descriptions.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Maybe it was robust sheet steel before Lucky Charm Mfg Co Ltd turned it into a die-cast casing.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I think they mean Die-pressed casing from sheet-steel The Aldi one is cheaper does have a ally cast table top and has a larger blade Fine for making bird boxes :-)

-- Now there's a look in your eyes, Like black holes in the sky RIP Syd

Reply to
Mark

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:52:29 +0100, Owain wrote (in article ):

There probably is a Korean company of that name.

For example, the well known conglomerate, LG, actually stands for Lucky Goldstar.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not that either is ideal for much more than hand tools. A solid cast steel bed is needed for anything approaching accuracy. Not that accurate cuts can't be made on these toys. It is neve going to vie with a real saw though.

But at that price it isn't bad. If you want serious DIY, get an Elu/DeWalt flip saw. If space isn't a problem though I'd get one of the Lidl/Aldi saws.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Not exactly portable though are they? The base on the old Elu TGS is some kind of soft alloy, designed so that you can cut through it at max width in chop mode. In table mode the fence is unstable. I wouldn't be without mine, but accurate it ain't.

. If space isn't a problem though I'd get one of the

Reply to
Stuart Noble

The message from "Mark" contains these words:

I suspect they haven't a bloody clue what they mean.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

I've got a "Lucky Nice" PSU in my computer.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Stuart Noble contains these words:

My Rexon table saw is susceptible to sawdust in the fence tracks. It's fine it you keep blowing it clear and wipe the accumulated resin off the rubbing buttons but if you're not careful it starts to slip out at one end when dirty.

Reply to
Guy King

Stop trying to pretend you know the big words. Your ignorance is so evident that you've fallen into practically the same hole as the poor over-stretched Aldi copywriter.

How often do you ever see something that's actually cast from steel ?

How often do you see a cabinet saw frame or table that's cast from steel, rather than cast iron ?

I presume you're not aware that "cast steel" doesn't even mean "cast", in general engineering usage.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Oh run away from the thing before it has your fingers off.

What's it useful for, that it's not either going to be a sorry disappointment for, or that you wouldn't be better off with either a chop saw or a hand-held circular ?

Usable table saws currently start at 200 quid (Axminster or some of the B&Q stuff). Below 100 it's just a waste of money for something that just isn't worth owning.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You sad bastard. How long did you savour that litle missal?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Ripping small stuff on site. Plenty of occasions where you need the odd strip of wood of a particular thickness. No way of doing that other than on a portable table saw, albeit weighed down with a couple of sandbags

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Just bought one and is very good. Takes a while to erect - make sure the legs with round holes near the base are put to rear with the holes facing backwards. Didn't get enough nuts in the pack but had some in my workshop. The threaded holes in the sides that take a bolt were not all threaded properly so make sure they all work before you start erecting. Having spent ages getting it bolted together it works a treat. Make sure the red line on the adjuster knob is set at zero and you get a perfect 90 degree cut. Checked all cuts with a set square and angle finder and all is good. The laser really helps. Take your time and read the instructions.

3 year guarantee is excellent but KEEP RECEIPT SAFE. I just claimed on a Lidl pump with float switch which packed up after just over 2 years and have a new one on the way. I kept the receipt - but nothing happens without one. All claiming was done on-line and the service was superb. KEEP THE RECEIPT SAFE in case. I would guess any bad reviews you may see are down to poor setting up as the saw works just fine..
Reply to
JK sprinter

I've got a model 500w rated at 300 watts.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr