Dodgey Builders

I am not a regular Emmedale watcher but I nearly split my sides laughing last night. Don't you that they would have noticed the bricky was actually only placing the blocks one on top of the other and not using any mortar. There was an explosion when some old biddy opened a door but nobody smelt any gas and there then several successive explosions, not one big explosion. The assembled people then just stood mouths open for a number of seconds before any of them jumped into action. Really made me laugh.

Kevin

Reply to
Kev

You actually watch soaps and admit it? Crazy. And you can do it with your brain in gear. I wonder how you would function as a somnambulist. Or is that why you missed the keyboard so often?

Someone pour that man a coffee.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

But thats what people actually do. Someone is lying on the path, obviously ill, and people will stand there just looking, saying someone should do something !!!. As a first aider I have seen it happen.

Dave

Reply to
gort

I don't but the tv happened to be on ITV just as the house collapse started. Couldn't they ahve come up with a more convincing collapse than the one portrayed. It gave diyers a good name.

Kevin

Reply to
Kev

I think even the thickest witness could manage to dial 999 even if they wouldn't jump in and help straight away.

Kevin

Reply to
Kev

I worked at courtaulds once when a fire broke out in a machine, my boss grabbed a fire extinguisher and then stood there for at least a minute reading the isntructions till someone took it off him and put the fire out. The rest of us just stood there watching so in that respect yes it was authentic........

Pete

Reply to
Pete Cross

The point is they don't!!.

Dave

Reply to
gort

I had a boss who actually threw the extinguisher, complete with pull ring intact, into a blazing skip.

Dave

Reply to
gort

The message from gort contains these words:

My boss (many years ago) set fire to himself while welding. I picked up a CO2 extinguisher and was about to give him a shot when he forbad me and ran to the tap and stood with his leg under it. He explained that it wasn't all that hot and fire extinguishers were expensive.

Reply to
Guy King

Lucky it was the correct sort of extinguisher for the fire then (which presumably the boss was trying to establish) or the situation could have been made far worse.

David

Reply to
Lobster

And that is why having all fire 'stingwishersis red is such a bloody bad idea.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from Owain contains these words:

I couldn't believe that when I first heard it. For years we've had a system that worked well and with a few minutes teaching made an important decision quick and easy. Then it all got thrown away.

Reply to
Guy King