Latest Firefox borked? - X-Post

You might look at changing your operating system that is notorious for the faults. Windows 7 is much more stable.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

The only problem I've had with firefox and logins was where the fields were prefilled with text like "username" and "password" in which case firefox didn't automatically insert the remembered real values that I'd entered previously, and I couldn't figure out how to get it to do so manually either. In the end I used Opera for that site since it's wand happily splatted the requisite stuff into the fields.

OTOH Opera came a cropper on HMRC's VAT site, when I used the wand to insert data, instead of sumbitting the form Opera seemed to just reload the blank form from cache, at any rate the fields would go blank an instant after they'd been filled in, very annoying. Firefox had no problem with the same page, perhaps because it leaves you to press the submit button yourself (maybe there was another hidden button which Opera was using in error which reset the page).

One thing that really annoys me with my bank is that I'm accustomed to using my "Enter" key instead of pressing submit buttons but my bank has stupidly made "Back" the default action on the form instead of "Continue"! For ages I couldn't figure out why it kept taking me back to the previous page instead of logging me in!

Reply to
GS

I hear that Aggresso users using FF were having all sorts of problems this week, something to do with an extra trailing space being entered into login names (so that they were not recognised)

Reply to
newshound

En el artículo , Man at B&Q escribió:

nor here (FF 20.0.1 on XP 32-bit)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Seems better now on 21 on 64-bit W7. :-)

Reply to
polygonum