kitchen base units 1000 or 600 ?

Is that because of a decision of the "developer" or availability at the wholesaler?

IME a kitchen without drawers is unfit for purpose but this doesn't stop developers doing it (and of fitting out a 3 bed family house with only enough space for a single under top fridge or freezer).

tim

Reply to
tim....

Certainly with B&Q, you buy the carcass plus a drawer pack or a door pack. Ample stocks of both last time I looked.

Reply to
stuart noble

By that token the doors would be a bit of a problem too.

Not IMHE.

More to the point, in answer to TNP, a 1000 base unit with drawers will often have two 500mm drawers ratyher than one 1000mm drawer.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I don't buy from a wholesaler, if asked I'll supply & fit Wickes take away. None of their base unit have a drawer, just a full height door - apparently to make it easier to see & access the cupboard :-)

But you can use a drawer unit, so the kitchen will have drawers.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So that's one shop I wont be buying a new kitchen from :-(

IME the top part of the cupboard remains empty if it isn't used as a drawer unit.

I know, but it takes up useful space whereas a top drawer doesn't

tim

Reply to
tim....