1000mm base units.

Recently replaced two kitchen areas in different offices. Both just a 2 metre worktop, new taps, old sink, new 1000mm base unit.

Old units had a base unit with a drawer for knives & forks, with a fake drawer front where the sink is.

Looked in B&Q, Wickes & even Homobase and all I could find was a 2 door base unit. It seems these days that you either have a cupboard base or a drawer base.

Any ideas for next time?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

'Proper' kitchen suppliers - Howdens and Magnet.

Reply to
A.Lee

IKEA ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

At stupid prices maybe. These are bog standard units for the office kitchen, not a dream kitchen.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Didn't think to look there, nearest is Thurrock, but they deliver.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

IKEA units tend to be non-standard, the widest units available when we inst alled one at the last house a few years ago were 800mm. They have recently re-hashed their base and wall units but I do not know if they took the oppo rtunity to standardise their units in line with other manufacturers.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

buy a couple of 500s and knock em into shape

I did that online last time

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1.

When I fitted a non-standard sink and had "odd" dimensions each side I just knocked up a custom "box" from 18mm ply, cut with sawboard, joined with biscuits, but standing on normal adjustable plastic feet and fitted with standard doors. For the "tray spaces" I made waste bins the same way from 12 mm ply, mounted on castors, with "fake" doors for the fronts.

Surprisingly quick to do compared with bodging off the shelf units.

Reply to
newshound

But you is "trade" so will get to see far more attractive prices than those shown to the "public". Howdens looks good stuff but the "closed shop" of having to purchase through a fitter pisses me off.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I wonder if that's legal under EUSSR law?

Reply to
harryagain

Magent - basic 1000 unit with 2 doors/ 2 drawers - £81, Basic unit with 2 doors - £76. You'll get a dicount on that with an Account.

The good thing about Kitchen retailers is that they can just sell you the carcass, and whatever door combination you require, and mostly, they have it in stock.

Reply to
A.Lee

/At stupid prices maybe. These are bog standard units for the office kitchen, not a dream kitchen. /q

Howdens do a couple of cheapo ranges too, but you'll need an account to access the 'real' prices. Not too onerous for a trader I understand...

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Although possibly above your clients' desired price point, you can get mini-kitchens for offices and studio apartments eg

with various combinations of sink microwave fridge water-boiler and dishwashwer.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I just picked up the price list for Wickes and all I saw there were stupid prices

360 minimum price for a 1000 unit FFS

tim

Reply to
tim.....

as you had to do two different kitchens, buy one of each and mix and match

tim

Reply to
tim.....

why should it not be

they are advertising themselves a wholesaler and sticking by it

tim

Reply to
tim.....

In article , tim..... writes

That'll be in prep for the 50% off scam sale coming up shortly.

My sister bought during the last 'sale' and got what we reckoned was a good deal. The entry price units, particularly the shelves, were a bit more floppy than I would have liked and beware as you can't buy things like extra shelves later.

Reply to
fred

Wickes do a 1000 base unit fore £63.

Reply to
Capitol

In article , tim..... scribeth thus

If you need something from Howdens and or Magnet then just walk in there muttering that your rented houses are 'needin refurbs etc ..

And they'll supply you with little fuss, well thats what I did a year or so back..

Reply to
tony sayer

not in the "price list" I picked up

tim