Installing a raised shower tray

I'm in the process of replacing my shower. The old shower tray was just supported by two blocks of wood, and the accessibility to the waste trap wasn't good. The joint between the tray and the wall started to leak. I'm thinking of installing a "Merlin" raised shower tray. This has four adjustable feet, and a tiling 'upstander'. Does anyone have experience of installing these, and are they stable? Would you recommend it?

Reply to
hicks

When I did mine I built a plinth much like a pallet with easy access to the trap and set a conventional shower tray on this then clad front and side of plinth.

It can be a bit dodgy stepping out however as the outside is significantly lower than the inside

A duckboard type step the same height as the plinth and as it happens the same size as the shower itself has made stepping in and out very comfortable

Tony

Reply to
TMC

I've installed a Coram raised tray - solid as a rock (dabbed a small amount of sealant under each leg to make sure it stayed put!)

Reply to
cupra