Shower tray

The shower tray in my steam shower is developing fine cracks in the gel coat just below the steam outlet. Is there a repair as opposed to replacing the tray.

Steve

Reply to
SH

If it's glass fibre, then I'd suspect that the tray is flexing at that point and that's possibly why the gel coat is cracking. It is possible to repair, but it's a very messy long winded process and probably not worth while. Some trays/cubicles are acrylic faced glass fibre and these can be repaired slightly more readily, albeit again with a lot of effort. Can you please confirm the construction? Alternatively can you camouflage the fault by painting? over it with coloured gel coat or applying a sticky label!!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol