Insect screen mesh for vent fan outlet

Good points thanks. How much do flaps impede the flow?

Reply to
AnthonyL

I was referring to mine :)

As it's a downwards facing soffit vent, it's open all the time - and the fan's an axial in line, so that doesn't have one either (never had a problem with wind blowing in with that arrangement).

But point taken WRT to the OP...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Flying? Doubt it.

Crawling? Pretty conceivable see my PP (But NOBODY lives in a completely sealed house).

Reply to
soup

Depends.

When two successive house painters have covered the light plastic flaps with masonry paint - quite a lot.

(I gave up. There's a flap on the fan too, so I fixed the outside ones open at 45 degrees, enough to let air through but keep rain mostly out)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris