Fitting stainless steel insect mesh into door

Hi

I need some advice on the best way to fit stainless steel insect mesh into a softwood timber door. The door is a two panel design and the mesh is going in the top panel.

Size of opening is 430 x 1285mm with a 35 wide x 15mm deep rebate to fit the panel of mesh in. The mesh spec is, Stainless Woven Wire Mesh Size 16 mesh - 1.2 mm aperture

I'd like to stretch the mesh like a canvas to get it taught and flat but haven't a clue how to do it in a way that can be hidden in a rebate that size. Has anyone done something like this before?

Thanks for any help

Tim

Reply to
Tim

The insect mesh on our camper door (fabric, not stainless) is stretched by pushing a round rubber strip into a channel all round the edge. This both tensions and holds the mesh. This might work with a very flexible and light steel mesh.

Alternatively you could decide to use a heavier weight of steel mesh so that it is rigid and doesn't need stretching, in which case I assume you would fit it just like a pane of glass.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Thanks Dave that's given me a couple of ideas.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim