Charges

If buying a product from China, duty and VAT are payable, are there any other charges On top of these and how much?

Reply to
Capitol

There will be a handling fee from the delivery company for collecting the tax. The Royal Mail handling fee is £8 - other carriers may/will charge more. Often you will have no choice in who delivers the goods.

Reply to
alan_m

It does depend on the value of the goods. Chinese companies often quote a much lower value than you've paid on the documents. And below a certain value no duty is charged.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Depends whether you find out afterwards that it should cost more as the Post Office seem to have a ridiculous system of charging more for having to collect the duty than the productwas worth in the first place..:-) Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The mechanism for collecting any duty payable is likely to cost much the same regardless of the value of the goods. But I'd agree it is excessive in this day and age.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Andy Burns a écrit :

Did you mean less than £15 ?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

No but badly phrased. I meant theoretically you should be charged VAT if the item is over £15, but you often seem to get away without paying it for items above the limit.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In fact I seem to "get away with it" more often than not.

Reply to
Huge