induction hobs

It's reckoned that Extra Virgin olive oil has no advantages over any other OO if you cook with it (apart from snob value).

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Duckhams 20/50 more like.

Reply to
Andy Hall

It tastes better. What other advantage does it need?

Reply to
Steve Firth

If you don't have gas an induction hob is the second best choice!

A halogen hob is the next best but it lags a long way behind.

Try using a wok on a ceramic hob!

Reply to
dennis

Works fine for me!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

You do it wok after wok ?

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Wrong.

Thats ceramic/halogen hobs where the sugar carbonises and burns into the ceramins.

Doesn't happen to induction hobs as the pan gets hot not the cooking surface.

I thought you couldn't burn things on an induction hob (as the better quality pans apparently stop absorbing energy when they get too hot ?) but my wife has managed to proove otherwise a couple of times now on our induction hob !!! Hob just wiped clean but pan required oven cleaner to get the charcoal deposits off !!.

I have seen a net video a while ago where a pan off chip fat was left on an induction hob and it got to smoking stage and just boiled over, no flames, no fire etc just a horredous mess, which being induction hob you could just wipe clean (a very big wipe of course).

Heston Blumental uses induction hobs in all his cooking in his In Search of Perfection programmes.

Reply to
Ian_m

I do a lot of work for the council.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Original poster on the other ng reports that it is happening on a larger pan. I have advised her to take it back to the shop where she bought it from and get it looked at. Late last night I got a message back confoiirming that it was faulty and it would be replaced.

Many thanks for your input.

Dave

Reply to
Dave