induction hobs

Sure, I'll have to charge P&P though.

Reply to
Steve Firth

We'd never buy anything other than induction now that we've experienced it. The controllability of gas, rapid heating when required, no dangerously hot rings, no burning of pan by replacing them onto a hot ring, lower energy bills. In short induction is brilliant - but then we are not cordon bleu cooks!

Reply to
kent

Olive oil's no good for chips, apparently - too strong a flavour and doesn't get hot enough.

Mmmmm, I wonder if the kebab shop is still open....

Owain

Reply to
Owain

To do what? Do you fry stuff in it?

Reply to
stuart noble

Watch many cookery shows? Seen a lot of induction hobs?

Please take it with you when you move, if I'm buying your house, because it'll be going on Freecycle. :o)

Reply to
Huge

It's perfectly possible to cook properly on an open fire, but I wouldn't want to share my living space with one of those, either.

Reply to
Huge

Yes, and yes. I've also seen them in professional kitchens, which is rather more pertinent. Your point? I judge things by personal experience, which is why I wouldn't buy a car purely on Jeremy Clarkson's say-so. My personal experience, as a 50+ male who has been cooking for 30 years, is that induction hobs are wonderful - cheaper, better and safer than gas, cheaper, quicker and safer than traditional electric hobs. I can only conclude that you form your opinions in some other, inferior way to personal experience.

Reply to
teddysnips

Yeah. Right.

Reply to
Huge

I've read that many times. The first time I had chips in Greece was my conversion to olive oil. They were the absolute best chips I had ever had. (Before that, olive oil had been pretty much a ghastly rancid yellow bottle. I couldn't understand why anyone rated it.)

In fact, I don't think I have ever head such good ones since. :-(

Reply to
Rod

Sometimes, but for many other purposes.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I don't eat chips.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Ah well....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Complete and utter s**te. On both counts.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Chips should be made in deep fried beef dripping.

There is no way poncing around with olive oil makes proper chips.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

That may well be true. Since I don't want to load myself up with heavy carbohydrate and animal fat, I don't really care.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Reply to
ARWadworth

I will try that one on my clients. When they find out I do not have a TV they ask "what do you watch?". When they find out I do not have a chip pan they ask "what do you eat?"

I have no problems with eating heavy carbohydrate and animal fat (fish and chips) occassionally.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Jings, what are your clients, chavs?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Lidl do a good Extra Virgin Olive Oil ;)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C ukdiy

Aiiiieeeeeeeeeee