Indesit Washer problem

Machine: Indesit WIB 111 1100

Problem: Motor runs, drum fills with water but does not turn.

I am guessing at a drive belt issue, presuming it has one! Been so long since I looked under the bonnet of a washing machine, but I presume they still use a belt system? Anyone had any experience of this and if so any tips/advice. Oh, and I do have an angle grinder, just in case :-) Cheers

John

Reply to
johno

I have had a few Indesits over the years. It should be easy enough to remove the top (or rear) panel and have a gander. Sounds very likely to be the belt.

Reply to
Tinkerer

Finally had time to have a look at the problem properly, work just gets in the way of DIY! Taken the back panel off and the belt was off, not snapped. Whilst refitting it and turning it by hand it came off again, I then noticed that the main 'pulley' on the back of the drum was loose, causing the belt to slip off. Have tried tightening it as best I can with a screwdriver however it has one of those cursed security heads, so not sure how effective it will be. All running ok now, at least I know what the problem is. Just need to get my hands on the correct bit to tighten it with. Thanks

John

Reply to
johno

In message , johno writes

These days, it's well worth investing in a set of security screw bits (usually less than a tenner). >

Ian Jackson

Cheers Ian, I have a small set from Maplins but they are not beefy enough for the job! Have ordered what looks like a decent set from web, thanks for link. John

Reply to
johno