impact driver

What's the current favourite for a cordless impact driver for driving big woodscrews and the occasional nuts and bolts?

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Depends how much money you want to spend and just how big those woodscrews are.

I bought a Ryobi impact driver on special offer at screw fix which also came with a cordless drill, carry bag and a battery for each for under £100 to lot. So far I can't fault the impact driver or drill.

Reply to
David in Normandy

I bought exactly the same pair, used them to build a large area of decking this summer, very happy with them. I see the set is now reduced to =A388 which is something of a bargain...

pcb1962

I bought the exact same Impact Driver and its superb for what I wanted it for. It hasn't refused to do anything I have thrown at it yet. Good deal at £88 too imo. I paid £100.

Reply to
Samantha Booth

If you are buying a decent one, then whichever brand matches the batts used in you existing tools ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Makita

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I found a used Makita one lying in the road the other might (nearly ran over it). They retail for c. £100. It is a seriously useful tool for heavier carpentry work. Has led light (slightly useful) and glow in the dark part (gimmick for me).

One of the nice tricks is that will drive 80mm screws (s/f gold screws) into soft C19 bricks that hold 100% rock solid. No need to faff about with masonry bits and wall plugs!

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I've got a 12v Makita that is the mutts nuts. 6mm x 90mm Turbogold coach screw, no pilot around 4 seconds.

I've also got a Makita 6951 mains impact driver which I find useful for coach screws on bigger decking jobs, cable is less hassle than constant battery changes - and I'm not knocking out the life of expensive to replace batteries.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

wandering off topic a tad, did you ever get a satisfactory result with that autofeed driver which did not seem to like screws?

Reply to
John Rumm