Home Improvement Costs, Information sought

Hi all. I am in the process of setting up a building company to carry out roofing work, fascias, guttering, pointing and car port & door canopy installation. I have been trying to find out the going rate for the above jobs but other builders are being very cagey.

I have a feeling that they are used to big profit margins and don't want anyone to come along and spoil their party.

I would be really grateful if any you would be willing to either email me with details of what you had to pay for building work, replacement windows etc. If you can give me an idea of how many bedrooms you have, that would be really helpful.

Thanks

Ian

Reply to
ians_68

May I ask why you should be interested in what other contractors charge? The way you charge is cost of materials and direct expenditure plus how long in hours you expect the works to take, X the cost per hour you want to charge. plus a few expenses such as expenditure on tools, plant, transport, general overhead costs, insurance etc, then add 17.5% VAT on to that lot. Easy really because in this market contractors are makeing such HUGE profits (I dont think so) If you are serious about starting a building company to do all those things you said then you must have experience of the industry. Judging by the way you have requested this information, I also think that is doubtful.

Reply to
Mike Taylor