Jonsered Chainsaw - information sought?

Hi Group, I have just inherited an electric chainsaw. It claims to be a Jonsered Model EL-14. Name plate also mentions Electrolux Industries. Google tells me about Jonsered and Electrolux and their current range of equipment. No mention of the EL-14 or anything like it. I suspect therefore it is quite(?) old. Can anyone provide more information please? It works somewhat, but seems to 'slip' when the going gets tough. So I guess I would like a User Manual/Parts Catalog in order to dismantle/examine the innards. I am reluctant to do that without the books. Also of course possible that someone who knows this brand will advise junking it and saving me trouble.

Dee

Reply to
Dee

ok for twigs

electric chainsaws are ok for twigs, US for logs

Aldi have a petrol chainsaw on offer for £89, 3 year warranty. and when it eventually dies you can soup yer pushbike up.

RT

Reply to
[news]

Electrolux is your starting and probably ending point.

They have a factory in Jonkoping in Sweden which over time has made chainsaws for the Jonsered, Husqvarna, Flymo, McCulloch,..... brands.

Do a Google search around that for Sweden and I think you'll find it.

You'll also find one Jacob Wallenberg and a faceless company called Investor AB, of whom you had probably never heard until you discover that he owns half of Swedish industry. Kamprad owns a significant proportion of the rest.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks Folks, sounds like a trip to the tiphead (or LIDL !!)

Dee

Reply to
Dee