GRP or plastic drop-over box/enclosure supplier

The incoming mains electric supply to our place was housed in a brick built enclosure until last weekend. This enclosure external to the property but within a sturdy wooden fence. Alongside a quiet lane. Last Sunday night a drunken driver decided that the fence and enclosure had been there long enough and crashed into it. Big heap on the ground, all demolished. This caused a fire. At 02.00 last Sunday I had to deal with Police, Fire Brigade and the electricity people. No Ambulance as the driver had legged it. The police had the vehicle removed. Fair play to all the services involved. They were good. The electric co. worked all that Sunday whilst we removed debris and constructed a temporary wooden shelter. Whole place up & running for Monday, I am truly grateful to all for that they have done.

2x 3ph supplies & 1x 1ph supply. Rather than going for a new brick built structure I would prefer a GRP or plastic drop-over box. 2x1x1.5m size approx. Must have securable doors along long side. Space is limited (trees/stream/conservation area). Footprint is rather critical and drop-over preferred. Sectional / bolted might do the job. I have googled a bit but have not found anything to fit the bill as yet. Any suggestions or recommendations please? Nick.
Reply to
Nick

I would be more inclined to build something based around large RSJs anchored deep into the ground.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Google Glasdon for a supplier of proper enclosures (they're under buildings and housings). I have no idea of the price, but it could well be very high. I have used them through work in the past, but not for many years. I know from then that we had enclosures made up to size.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Lots of them here.

?p=GRP%20electricity%20enclosures&fr=sfp

Reply to
harryagain