Grate spelling mistakes of our time

Funnily enough, some years ago the classic mistake was made on a circular to council workers about the library opening hours. Unfortunately it apparently said at the top. Note new Pubic Library opening hours from April.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Reply to
Tim Streater

Gordon Henderson

The local rag printed a proud boast from our local council "No cuts to pubic services". I haven't found out precisely what services they offer yet :-).

Paul DS.

Reply to
Paul D Smith

Sadly, never a truer word spoken in jest!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

My favourite was the caption to a photo in the East Kent Gazette of a soon-to-be married young woman : "Miss Smith and her finance".

Reply to
Bob Martin

mine from a chinese takeaway menu

"Roast Dick with Pineapple"

I still have it somewhere (the menu....)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

on a BBC Staff "restaurant" was the offer of "Spotted Richard"

Reply to
charles

One of the NHS Trusts did the same, showing a total misunderstanding of the origins of the name as probably being a corruption of spotted dog or, possibly, spotted dough.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

hopefully no-one wanted thirds...

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

magazine. And Poundstretcher has "eletronic" musical keyboards on sale.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It teaches you have to steal Manhatten from the Indians?

JGH

Reply to
jgh

You use the broaches to enlarge the holes in the beads.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Ah, you breach the beads with a broach, but use a brooch to prevent a breach in your breeches.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

With the steady decline in education standards and increasing reliance on speel-chuckers, is it any wonder? Although that doesn't account for "eletronic".

Reply to
Huge

^^^^^^^^^

Is that irony?

Reply to
Huge

I don't see anyone trying to justify those as "evolving language"!

Reply to
Tim Watts

In article , Huge writes

It's the misuse of you/your/you're that's getting to me. And it's getting worse.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Or, 'I could of...'.