Gas cooker repair or recommendations for replacement pleease

Arrived home this evening to be informed that our gas oven is not working. Cooker is a Cannon Winchester 10395G free standing. About 10-12 yrs old. Mains powered push-button ignition to hobs & grill, oven is/was self igniting. Ignition to hobs/grill working fine. Normally one would turn the oven knob to desired setting, the ignitor starts clicking and a couple of seconds later the gas flow is ignited. Now there is no clicking of ignitor or gas flow. Don't know exactly how it works and haven't yet had a chance to delve into the innards. Also can't find any schematics online. I'm assuming there will be a solenoid operated valve in the system somewhere to provide flow of gas. Also presuming that the oven control knob actuates the solenoid and the ignitor. I'm thinking that this is an electrical problem which could be simple or difficult to resolve. Any ideas please.

Given the age of the unit, it's not worth spending much money on. If it's a matter of replacement, any recommendations for free standing, high level grill, cookers please. I think I have read, possibly here, that Beko are best avoided. Thanks, Nick.

Reply to
Nick

I don't know about their gas stuff but recently some of their gear has been quite good and well built. I suspect they just get stuff made for them, and that is why it varies. I'm sure many other brands do the same these days unfortunately.

If it were just an igniter it out to be pretty simple to fix, thugh of course whether it would be considered safe to do this is debatable. They ar after all just high voltage spark generators. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff