Which paint for galvaniized steel

Do I need a special undercoat for a galvanized steel up and over garage door. If so please enlighten me, any other tips on painting galvanized metal would be usefull.
thanks
Add pictures here
βœ–

Allow it to weather a bit first, then use a primer that says it is for galvanised metal, such as the one made by Hammerite. I probably wouldn't use Hammerite on a garage door though, as Hammerite is not too happy on a base that can flex.
Colin Bignell
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hi All
Bought a gas cooker for my daughter today - as you do.
I asked the supplier (Comet) if it included the flexible hose & self seal coupling.
Apparently not. You are supposed to let a CORGI guy deliver, install & dispose of the old cooker for the bargain price of £80.
With the flexible hose & twist lock fitting, I reckon you could train a monkey to do it.
Dave
Add pictures here
βœ–

That's the reason it's not supplied -- some people would think installing a gas cooker was just plugging in the gas connector.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Add pictures here
βœ–
Hi All
Bought a gas cooker for my daughter today - as you do.
I asked the supplier (Comet) if it included the flexible hose & self seal coupling.
Apparently not. You are supposed to let a CORGI guy deliver, install & dispose of the old cooker for the bargain price of £80.
With the flexible hose & twist lock fitting, I reckon you could train a monkey to do it.
Dave
Add pictures here
βœ–

What again? Did she boil over the milk or something on the one you bought a few days ago?
--
Andrew Gabriel

Add pictures here
βœ–
Andrew

That and a few more messages didn't appear (and still don't) on my view of the group so I assumed they had been lost.
Dave
Add pictures here
βœ–

I wondered about that.............
Dave
Add pictures here
βœ–
Dave , you can obtain the bits from B&Q or online from screw-fix . Cheers R0n
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 30 May 2005 09:42:02 GMT, "David Lang"

Go ahead then... Remove antispam and add 670 after bra to email
Be a good Global citizen-CONSUME>CONFORM>OBEY
Circumcision- A crime and an abuse. http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org /
First time buyers strike
Sign the petition at .....
http://www.petitionthem.com/?sect ήtail&pet10
Add pictures here
βœ–
David Lang wrote:

Could you train the monkey to assess whether the location the cooker is to be fitted has adequate ventilation and clearances from combustible surfaces*, fit an effective anti-tilt device, check the correct operation and gas consumption of the cooker (to make sure the monkeys who assembled it fitted the correct burner jets) and operation of safety devices?
* In case someone else has monkeyed with the windows and vents or fitted new kitchen units etc.
Add pictures here
βœ–
You need an etch primer. Even then, it may not hold quite as well as you would hope.
βœ–
Andy Luckman wrote:

Black bitumen paint does - and you don't need an undercoat or primer!
Add pictures here
βœ–
@privacy.net says...

He would get away without the etch primer if the galvanising wasn't too fresh
--
Paul Mc Cann

Add pictures here
βœ–