Garage Shelving - Aldi.

Has anyone got similar to the stuff on

"Special Buys"? Comments about it? Does this stuff (from the rather small picture) look OK?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Its plastic and it topples over easy. :-(

Argos do it for the same price, so not really that cheap

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I made some using planed batten and Stirling Board, but it is more expensive.

Interesting, I could buy some more from them.. got a URL?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Lazy sod.

Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

|Has anyone got similar to the stuff on

|"Special Buys"? Comments about it? Does this stuff (from the |rather small picture) look OK?

I have some similar *cupboards* from Lidl which are not really str>>>

Size: 1830 (h) x 900 (w) x 400mm (d)=20 Load capacity: 90kg each shelf=20 Polypropylene=20 Height-adjustable=20 Screwdriver holders in shelf ends=20 Small, integral tray in each shelf=20 Easy assemble - no tools required=20

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

When I can get away with it....

"Small, integral tray in each shelf", and seems to be capable of holding 450Kg (seems a lot!).

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Chris Bacon has brought this to us :

I bought similar a couple of years ago for £10. They would be fine for the lighter items, but perhaps not with a 90kg per shelf load.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Don't know about these but I found Ikea "Gorm" timber shelving to be good value at 12 quid. I got a couple of units for the garage but wanted extra shelves for them. It was better value to buy an extra unit than to get 4 loose shelves at 3 quid each - the unused uprights will come in useful for something.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Can recommend

- got one of their starterpacks via eBay last year, four tall bays of steel shelving & a decent workbench for

Reply to
Steve Walker