Compact Tumble Dryer on Washing Machine

i have a Compact Tumble Dryer, is it safe to put on top of standard home Washing Machine??

just running out of space

Reply to
pennie.thomas

i have a Compact Tumble Dryer, is it safe to put on top of standard home Washing Machine??

just running out of space

Reply to
pennie.thomas

i have a Compact Tumble Dryer, is it safe to put on top of standard home Washing Machine??

just running out of space

Reply to
pennie.thomas

|i have a Compact Tumble Dryer, is it safe to put on top of standard |home Washing Machine?? | |just running out of space

No! Washing machines on spin, bounce around too much to put things on top of them. It would bounce off.

Could you not build a *strong* shelf fastened *securely* to the wall, =

*not* the floor, which bounces with the washing machine. Then hold the Tumble Drier in place with about 1 ins sq wood round the shelf?

--=20 Dave Fawthrop

17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg!
Yorkshire Dialect go to
Dave Fawthrop

no - window behind, 2 sides no wall never mind, just thought i would ask if anyone knew

thanks for the reply

Reply to
pennie.thomas

|no - window behind, 2 sides no wall never mind, just thought i would |ask if anyone knew | |thanks for the reply

Stick around someone else may have other ideas. These sort of threads = take a few days for everyone to have a think.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop

17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg!
Yorkshire Dialect go to
Dave Fawthrop

|i have a Compact Tumble Dryer, is it safe to put on top of standard |home Washing Machine?? | |just running out of space

Utter bollocks! Our Tumbler has been stood on top of a 16yr old Zanussi for 5 years and NEVER once been anywhere near falling off.

WTF are you on about. All that faffing about and expense for the sake of a simple experiment to prove the issue.

If the OP tries it and it succeeds by just putting the Tumbler on top of the Washing machine then loads with a couple of wet towels and it all stays together after a good spin or two then there isn't going to be a problem. If however the thing falls off then I recommend Plan A of a shelf.

Reply to
R obbo

That's very nice for you.

Now because _your_ drier has never fallen off, how is that going to stop the OP's drier falling off ? My own washing machine will throw the washing basket off if I leave it there. A few days ago I posted about a friend who had to smash through a door to turn their drier off after it fell off their washer.

So to the OP, if you can't hang it off the wall, then build it a table to sit on instead. I'd do this with 2" steel angle iron welded into a basic cube frame and placed over the washer, but not touching it. Either do the same, have some local fabricator do it for you, or work it out for yourself with whatever materials you have to work with.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

How about suspending it from the ceiling instead? Less construction involved, as it wouldn't take much more than a few hefty screw eyes and some chain.

Reply to
Rob Morley

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ace-ina.com writes

A number of manufacturers do 'stacking kits' which basically constrain the drier from falling off by having a lip which engages around the top of the washer and the bottom of the drier. As your drier is a compact model you should probably spread the load with perhaps 12mm ply and constrain movement with a lip overlapping the washer and perhaps some light battens to constrain the drier. I'd take the time to make sure that the washer is stable and properly levelled before you go for the plunge .

Reply to
fred