Flexible rods

What's the proper name for the thin rods you screw together like drain rods which are used for feeding electrical cable through awkward places. I've tried every permutation I could think of on ebay but no joy as yet. Ta.

Reply to
Scabbydug

George

pole?
you want to fire cable across a suspended ceiling, then a cable dart
more hefty stuff try

Owain

Reply to
Owain

cable access pk IIRC

Reply to
Ageless

Another link to go with.

Heliotrope Smith

Thanks all, loads available on Ebay, very cheap compared with the sites given by yourselves. This implies to me me that they are probably poor quality, any suggestions or comments?

Reply to
Scabbydug

Tried tying a piece of string to the tail of a mouse and sending that up the pipe?

Reply to
Redolent

Best ones seem to be the 'Cable rod /super rod' variant [IMHO] . Good range of accessories, flexible leads etc. We have about 7 other sets of varying manufacture. They do get abused, but 1) the ends pull off. Can be cleaned up and super glue / epoxied back on, if you can find them!. 2) Bending causes the fibres to become detached on the outer 'skin'....hurts like f*ck when the get stuck in your skin. hth

Reply to
grumpyat

Does require the use of blowlamp behind the mouse to get it going though!

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Faster results may be obtained nearer November the 5th.... ;-^