Fitting new kitchen base units

I am now in the process of replacing the fitted kitchen I installed 17 years ago. The base units I fitted back then had a six inch wide horizontal bar stretching along the back of each unit which enabled me to screw the units to the wall.

The new units don't have this bar. There are fasteners provided which enable me to secure a unit to its neighbouring unit but nothing to enable me to secure the whole lot to the wall. Is this normal these days?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

The units I've seen recently have small "L" shaped metal brackets which screw to the cabinet side panels and the wall (usually within the service space at the back). Not sure if these would be supplied with the units or would have to be purchased separately though.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Most of the units I fit are Wickes or B&Q and they have a 3" ish wide strip where the top of the back board is - which is 3" ish away from the back of the unit.

They come with 'L' shaped brackets, one leg of which is slotted to attach the unit to the wall.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman