Kitchen floor not level, fitting units

Currently fitting a kitchen, the tiled floor is 15mm out at one end, I've packed up the units with packers so that the worktop will be level. Is this correct? Or should I pack up it bit less to try and make the plinth look out less when it's fitted. The tradoff being the worktop will be out slightly. I'm spending ages trying to get the tops of the base units levels

Reply to
hoicem

The legs are adjustable, simply turn them....and sling out the packers.

Reply to
Phil L

forgot to add, you can cut down the plinths accordingly, don't forget, the top inch or so of them is usually out of sight.

Reply to
Phil L

You must have the worktops level. It'll look awful - and things will roll off - if you don't.

The *actual* level will depend on what is to go under and/or alongside them. For example, I set mine level with the ceramic hob on the free-standing cooker. The levels (in my case) were then such that there was plenty of room to get the dishwasher and fridge under the worktop on the other side of the kitchen.

As others have said, the base units probably have adjustable legs, and have probably been supplied with over-size plinths which you simply cut down (tapered if necessary!) to fit.

Reply to
Roger Mills

You should certainly arrange things so that the worktops are level. If you don't all kinds of obvious and less obvious skews will happen and in places where they are in clear view. It is certainly worth spending time to get everything perfectly level.

If you have legs on the cabinets or can fix them, you can turn them to adjust for this kind of discrepancy easily.

It is also important to check carefully the height under the worktops, specifically to make sure that it is enough for appliances. This should be done at the high point of the floor because the total height at the low point will be more. Do it the other way and things may not fit.

The plinths are not likely to be noticable unless you crawl around on hands and knees.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No legs on these units, cheap jobbies from Stax. Chipboard all the way to the ground. I'd have probably been better buying some legs the amount of packing up I'm doing.

Reply to
hoicem

I presume, in that case, that you are starting at the highest point and levelling everything else UP to that

Reply to
geoff

Yep

Reply to
hoicem

Given that the packing is likely to compress or split, I think that you would be better off fitting legs now and adjusting properly. It would be a better job and you will save time. They are not expensive.

Reply to
Andy Hall