extractor cooker hood with blown bulb

Hello

We have a cooker hood (proline con 60) with 2 lights and extractor fan. One bulb blew and after the replacing the plug fuse only the extactor fan now works. Neither light does even with new bulbs.

The plug had a 13amp fuse even though the instructions said 3amps. I was hoping there was an internal fuse to change but the only accessible space I could find houses a terminal block (is that the correct term?).

Is it likely there would a internal fuse or is the unit lilkey shot? Cheers for any advice

n99

Reply to
n99

I would guess the resulting fault current damaged the light switch or burned out a thin wire or track. I can't imagine it would be difficult to fix.

BTW, I always use CFL's in cooker hoods, not being susceptable to the fan vibration.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Light switch is often the weakest link, and an internal arc in a bulb can take them out. Could be anything else though. Multimeter will tell you where the fault is. If the switch, fit a new one or open it and file the contacts clean. CFLs dont cause this problem.

NT

Reply to
NT

Light switch is often the weakest link, and an internal arc in a bulb can take them out. Could be anything else though. Multimeter will tell you where the fault is. If the switch, fit a new one or open it and file the contacts clean. CFLs dont cause this problem.

NT

I've had screw in bulbs that don't quite make contact.

Reply to
John

I have repaired a couple of extractors where the tracks have blown. I have not had to replace a switch yet.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth