Cooker hood extractor: me being thick again

Howdy

I'm fitting an Elica Concorde cooker hood extractor.

The instructions are in 33 languages, but are inadequate for me, because I've never actually fitted one before.

I may be being thick, but .... am I supposed to remove the charcoal filter if I'm fitting this as an extractor via ducting to the outside, as opposed to a re-circulating hood?

Thanks in anticipation

John

Reply to
Another John

Yes, the charcoal filter will just reduce the airflow. No point in "deodorising" air which you are expelling from the building anyway.

By the way, congratulations for fitting it properly. I'm always amazed by the number of these things that are fitted in recirculation mode, which in my experience turns them into not much more than a noisy waste of electricity.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

When my kitchen was being redesigned, I needed an extractor away from an outside wall. I was adamant that there was no way I was paying _that_ much for an extractor, and still blowing the steam back into the room. In the end we worked it out.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon