Extending Shower screen along bath

I have a shower screen which fits on to a false wall at the taps end of my bath ...this wall acconmmodating the electric shower...Thinking ahead to when I either ( or both) fit another bath or retile this area.I would really like the screen to extend further along the bath to further prevent spray going on to the floor .......Other than building something along the bath and tiling it is there any sort of plastic construction that I could fit to the existing wall to which I could fit the screen . ...maybe something that double glazing companies use perhaps .?? Any suggestions ....

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Wickes used to do extension pieces for their windows so you could use standard sizes in a hole that was slightly too large. Each one would only give you about 4cm IIRC so you'ld need to use a few and I'm not sure it's a very practical idea.

You could have a tall narrow uPVC window made to any size you want. Again, not sure about the practicality of it. Fix it to the wall and ceiling with frame fixers. Then you need to fix the bottom to the bath somehow to stop it flapping about. Then you need to fix the screen to it somehow...

Have you looked for a larger screen. I know what you mean as we have the same problem with water splashing around the side.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Thx for that .. I seem to remember looking at screens that were longer ( or broader if thats more correct ) and they wre pricey . If I can't get anyhting what I'll probably do is get a replacement bath when retiling and build out from the false wall so it sits on top of the bath edge and tile it then fit the screen to it and that will have the same effect .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

We removed a knackered screen when we re-modelled our bathroom - it telescoped out via 2 extension panels. Not sure what degree of coverage this would give compared to a single piece wide version though. Also appeared "cheap end" if you get my drift.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

This is like what I want ..lol..need to make sure bath rim is flat tho'

when extended ..

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

We gave up on shower screens because they were never tall enough to stop water going over the top.

[Shower has to be high enough to shower down on 6'3" son standing in bath]

Although they are not as pretty, shower curtains seem much more effective (and, damn, they are cheap).

HTH

Dave R

P.S. I like the idea of enclosing the head end of the bath in a hand built shower cubicle - very classy - we just don't have the space.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Which reminds me, you can get screens that do this. Can't remember where I saw them but one screen is fixed along the bath as usual. The second is hinged to the wall on the other side of the bath and folds out to form a "cubicle" from the top of the bath up to the height of the other screen.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq