EDF don't make sense

In message , at 16:47:55 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

Indeed, it's "too much" in the summer.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 16:46:09 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

I said charge card, not credit card.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 16:48:19 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

But I'm making a positive cashflow in the two zero months, which I can carry forward to the third month (when I pay all three months in arrears).

Reply to
Roland Perry

exactly

The summer "too much" is far easier to deal with than the winter "how much!".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , at 21:14:56 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

Only because you overpaid in the summer.

Reply to
Roland Perry

I've no idea what that is. Isn't it like a credit card but for one particular shop?

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

You have more will power than most.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Actually my balance is usually in debt. IF it's in credit they give me the money.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , at 07:54:21 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

You seem to be remarkably ill-informed, and unable to use Google.

In my case it's like a classic Amex, paid off each month, although it's from Mastercard.

Reply to
Roland Perry

I can't be arsed. A debit card does me fine. Why complicate matters?

Sound like a credit card to me.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , at 11:09:14 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

Because a charge card is a useful buffer/delay between the transaction and the ability to empty my bank account. Not only does it permit me to gather the funds required, it also allows me to complain if there's an error or fraud, *before* it's me who is out of pocket.

No, a credit card does not require you to pay off the whole balance every month. They aren't advancing me credit, more a case of delaying when I have to pay, by up to a month. Traditionally they delay when the trader gets the money as well - hence the reluctance of many of them to accept Amex.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 11:43:45 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

No more so than my phone bill.

My budgeting is better than that.

Reply to
Roland Perry

That's a small amount and cannot be helped unless you get a coin operated telephone.

Most people's isn't. I for example don't budget at all.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , at 13:31:56 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

Why assume my charge card isn't a small amount too?

Why am I not surprised.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Because if it was there wouldn't be much point in bothering with one.

It seems a wasted effort. A budget is just a method of worrying before you spend money, as well as afterwards.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , at 13:56:38 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

I've already told you why it's worth bothering (even for small amounts).

It's a way of setting aside funds that you know you'll need later.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Fraud for small amounts isn't worth the hassle.

If your poor, all a budget does is annoy you. If you're rich, you don't need one.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , at 14:48:25 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

If you say so. What's your card number, and how much can I defraud you of before it becomes a hassle for you?

Reply to
Roland Perry

Why do we not find that surprising?

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'm not stupid enough to deal with people likely to fraud me.

P.S. defraud is such a silly word, that would be the act of correcting a fraud.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger