EDF don't make sense

Yawn.... please read other replies before stating the same thing.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , at 15:51:08 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

Oh dear, another classic misconception - that victims of fraud are either greedy or stupid.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Who is that frauded you then?

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , at 16:18:53 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

No-one yet, but I've worked in support of very many who have been victims though no fault of their own.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Yeah right. You simply don't deal with dodgy characters. It's not rocket science.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

So you wouldn't buy Adobe software, then? Thirty-eight million of their customers' credit card details have recently been compromised. Or Sony? or Apple? All of them have been hacked in the past.

Reply to
John Williamson

That's the bank's problem.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

And actually no I wouldn't use either of those three companies. They all manufacture utter s**te.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

I think they're chancers... But it depends a bit on whether your current cost of £74 / month is what you paid / month for the whole of the last year, and maybe whether they know if your last year's fuel use has been typical of your year-on-year uses.

A refund of £116 suggests that in the last year you overpaid by about £10 / month, ie the true cost of your energy was about £64 per month. They want to increase your payment to £80 - which is a 25% price increase if they think usage isn't going to change.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

If they think it's going up, then no point in refunding me. Even sillie= r is I was actually only eight quid in credit. They refunded me 100 qui= d and now I owe them. WTF?

-- =

Are you into casual sex, or should I dress up?

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , at 16:41:30 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

It's not that simple.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Works for me. Maybe I'm just not as naive as you.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , at 20:29:58 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

The opposite, actually. ie you are naive enough to think you are invulnerable.

Reply to
Roland Perry

History shows I am. I'm not stupid enough to deal with the wrong people.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , at 21:12:44 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

Reply to
Roland Perry

I'm still waiting for your reasoning as to why you're so utterly pathetic that you get ripped off.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Amex charge more AFAIK.

I use a credit card in the same way you use a charge card - DD set up to pay the lot off monthly. What extra does the charge card give you?

(the PP said he's set his up to the minimum payment to avoid scares. That's the opposite of what I want, because if you do that and forget to pay it off, you start paying interest)

Reply to
Clive George

Forget to? I almost never can afford to pay it off.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , at 21:45:43 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

I haven't been.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at

01:53:37 on Sun, 3 Nov 2013, Clive George remarked:

It's widely understood that they charge more commission, but for many traders the cash-flow is probably more important.

It's part of a bundle of services other than lending me money. Although they rot away over time (like the £250 cheque guarantee card part of the bundle) so I'm wondering if I really need it any more.

Reply to
Roland Perry