Dyson SUCKS!

Same here. DC04 at least 10 years old, one =A365 in home service several= years ago. Very good value, I'm not sure why Dyson don't publicise it more, I guess because it does actually cost 'em money.

As everyone else in household only ever uses the DC04 and never empties =

it, it does get rather full at times. The washable filter gets washed when I remember that it hasn't been done for "a while".

And it does pickup more muck than any bagged vacuum I've had before and =

considerably better than a Henry we had. Even with brand new bags in either. I only wish the cannsister was bigger vac the whole (large) hous= e and it needs emptying...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I bought the DC01 on an uncle's recommendation - I hadn't seen any ads for it. His family have a lot of dust and pollen allergy problems, and the Dyson worked like magic for that. He used to cart it back and forth between Edinburgh and Sutherland, but eventually opted to buy a new one for Edinburgh, and leave the old one up north. My son and daughter-in-law liked our Dyson and bought one after their first, non-Dyson, found itself unable to cope with cat and people hair. Most of my cousins have them, too.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Fashion? The new ones come in more up-to-date colour combinations. I've known people to get rid of perfectly good KitchenAid mixers because the colour doesn't suit the new kitchen.

Reply to
S Viemeister

You also need space to store the ear defenders, something you can clean out the evil gunge that grows in the bottom of them and paper towels to dry your finger tips which they miss.

In short, they're utter shit.

Reply to
Huge

OAP's that are ancient but still active enough to vacuum clean their carpets love 'ball' Dysons like the lightweight DC24, as they are far easier to push around and easy to carry up and down the stairs.

Reply to
The Other Mike

See! Rubbish! Our car has a dent in the back bumper where Dad drove it into Henry.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

There's another over-rated product that claims "quality", price-tags accordingly but fails to deliver on it.

My ex-wife has one. For some time she was holding the "head" of the mixer up in use, otherwise it scraped the bottom of the bowl. The fault was the lower stop screw working loose, because it had worn the thread loose in the main casting. As this was the casting worn out, the service people wrote the whole thing off as scrap!

A few minutes with a tap and new bolt, mind...

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Has anyone ever done a respray on a KitchenAid to stoop SWMBO buying a new one?

Reply to
Bob Eager

It's quite popular in Essex to respray the SWMBO ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I had an old one, given to me by my mother-in-law over 30 years ago. It was used several times a week, for bread, mincing, shredding, etc. It's never needed service, although I have had to replace the dough hook a couple of times - no matter what anyone says, they should NOT go in the dishwasher... My daughter has it now - it's older than she is! I think its construction quality is considerably better than the much bigger one I replaced it with.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I considered doing that to mine, but the original colour matches my daughter's kitchen.

Reply to
S Viemeister

You let one of those "blacks" rent your place?

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I wonder what it would be like to put your knob in one of those? Anyone any practical experience of this?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

One of these?

'm not that religious.

Reply to
dennis

En el artículo , Mike Tomlinson escribió:

update: cleaning the belts with IPA to restore grippiness has worked, the thing now picks up well. I'll still replace the belts with new when I get a round tuit as they felt a little slack.

Thanks all.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Known as "Die Soon" in the trade. Never found one that picks up properly.

And why do they all look like space stations? It takes 5 mins to find the bloody on/off switch.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Indeed. Whenever I've read one of their reports about something I feel I kn= ow something about I've come away wondering whether they really know their = stuff or not. Almost like their reviewers are not experts in any particular= field, but merely 'generally pretty knowledgeable' about a variety of subj= ects.

This has undermined my faith and confidence in them in fields I know nothin= g/little about, and it's not like I have any reason to be cynical about the= m - I want a source of recommendations I can trust but I can't help but fee= l that Which? is not it.

Mathew

Reply to
mathewjamesnewton

No wonder some people think Dyson are rubbish if they try to use an Airblade hand dryer to clean the carpets! You'll find their vacuum cleaners are considerably more effective at that task.

Richard.

Richard Russell

Lightweight simply means it will break easier.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Cheap cable.

Reply to