GE Silicone II Sucks!!

This is the worst silicone I have ever used in my life. I bought two tubes with fresh batch codes and they don't cure after 48 hours. I had to clean this crap out twice already on my 85lb sink and its not fun. GE needs to get their head out of their butt and stop selling inferior product to the public. As far as I'm concerned I will never buy another GE product for the rest of my life and I will continue encorouging others to do the same in my social gatherings.

Reply to
Pissed

PS. I called their Customer Service and vented to them and they said the complaint is being forwarded on to the right people...I hope.

Pissed wrote:

Reply to
Pissed

GE anything.......sucks

Reply to
avid_hiker

"Pissed" wrote in news:1165347815.274844.62630 @l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com:

Maybe it means they are down the hall to the right...

Reply to
Al Bundy

Yep, I agree, it blows. I used some around some new doors I installed. It was suppose to be "paintable". Yeah, right. Paint fell off. I used another tube of GE II caulk that was suppose to be white. Well, it WAS white........until it dried that is. Then it turned clear. I swore that crap off and have used other brands and been happy.

Reply to
J.A. Michel
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

...especially their appliances....

Reply to
John~

AMEN!!! (shouting!)

Reply to
C & E

When a product didn't perform as I wanted, I contact the company. A few times, they will request the product back (for QA) and replace it free.

IMHO, I would contact the maker, via the address on the tube.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

Oops, I wouldn't vent, people tend to not care at that point. Especially if you make it seem like you will never be their customer again. :D

Just guessing....

tom @

Tom The Great

As stated earlier I already did. They want me to pay shipping back! I decided to go to Ace Hardware and they gave me their 50 year sealant which is highly rated on the net. Low and behold it works as expected. GE said they forwarded my comments today to QA and Ace has removed all GE Silicone II from the shelves. Personally if I was the store owner I would stop carrying GE adhesive products altogether.

Tom The Great wrote:

Reply to
Pissed

Maybe yours came from a bad batch. I've used it, and it seems to be fine.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Last week the FDA re-approved Silicon breast implants. GE may be looking elsewhere (along with the rest of us).

Reply to
HeyBub

I ran into a similar problem and then discovered that there is an expiration date on these tubes. The one I had was out of date. Returned it to Home Depot and got another (in date by several years) and didn't have repeat of the problem. MLD

Reply to
MLD

You better stop flying then-----a pretty hefty percentage (much more than

50%) of the commercial aircraft flying today have GE engines in them. Just about most of the helicopters and about 90% of the Military fighter aircraft. MLD
Reply to
MLD

It has to be the one division of GE that still knows what they are doing then. I had to buy a book to keep my GE washer and dryer going when I had more time than money to replace them. Never again will I own anything made by that division of GE. I think I will search out which airline isn't using GE engines and fly with them now that I know that!

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I was a few minutes into a "caulk the sink job". Something was wrong and I had problem. It seemed like it was to "runny"; not easily worked with. Got another product for the job and finishedt. A lot less effort than trying to ban the product from the earth.

-- Oren

Oren

When we remodeled the kitchen we replace all of our Kenmore appliances with GE. Year 3 the dishwashers motor cooling fan loosened from the shaft and clattered while barely spinning. Called for repair and they diagnosed it within 2 seconds of hearing it and had to replace the motor for nearly $200 because the motor housing was unaccessable. They said that it's a common failure; when it happened again 4 years later I ditched it. The oven was inconsistent and finally would not hold temp. Had to replace the entire 'dashboard' in order to change the thermostat. Suffered through 2 more years of poor performance and ditched it. Still have the fridge that the door shelf guards chronically pop off and drop the contents, the bin drawers won't stay on their tracks but I can't say anything bad about the microwave - oh yea, the work light won't turn off unless you slap the the panel. I was told by the service dept that the repair was not cheap. I wish they'd get some of the jet engineers over to the appliance division for a re-design. Oh well, maybe they've improved in the last 10 years. Could happen.

Reply to
C & E

NOT!!!

Reply to
avid_hiker

"I think I will search out which airline isn't using

Don't waste your time--every airline, including foreign ones, use GE engines. If you were to be selective than your travel plans would become a nightmare. Look for Pratt & Whitney or Rolls Royce powered aircraft but they'll be hard to find. Next time you board look at the nacelle for the GE Monogram, always gives me that extra level of confidence I'll get where I'm going. MLD

Reply to
MLD

Guess you do not know that GE sold it's silicone business?

Reply to
p4o2