GE Silicone Questions

Hi,

Two questions, please, regading GE Silicone:

a. Is there any "meaningful" difference between the Silicone I and the Silicone II products ? They both say 100% Silicone.

b. I got a bit sloppy with it, I guess.

Is there any "solvent" or other trick (other than peeling with a razor blade) to remove some of it once cured ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Past discussions here would indicate cure mechanism is different but they probably give the same polymer. Stuff is pretty solvent resistant and since when fully cured is crosslinked and mechanical removal probably only thing that will work. The II product may not cure when old according to other posters. Frank

Reply to
Frank

A thread within the last month said that they had substantially different solvents.

I used the II for the first time 2 days ago, and was very impressed at how smooth it was coming out of the caulk-size tube. I never got anything that smooth out of the 3 oz squeeze tubes (which they don't seem to sell anymore, at least by GE.**)

That doesn't mean it settled exactly where I wanted it and it didn't smooth any better with my wet finger than the stuff in the squeeze tube. It smoothed fine with a very spit-laden finger, but then I was afraid the spit made it to some of the other substance before the silicone did and whould keep that part from adhering. I'll have to learn to better control my spit.

**I found similar stuff by Permatex at an auto store. (Still haven't found the silver silicone. I am not sure I ever found a use for it when I owned a tube, so I don't know how silvery it really was.)
Reply to
mm

Silicone II is safer for women when their husbands or boyfriends take a cocking gun and inject it in these womens breasts while they are asleep.

Reply to
smash-hit