Drill stand or cheap pillar drill?

You can get good value from second hand "quality" tools, e.g. I bought a mid range welder and similar air compressor from ebay at below entry level prices, although both of them needed slight fettling.

Perhaps I have been lucky, only my Silverline half inch router is really disappointing (and it just about coped with the kitchen worksurface fitting which I bought it for).

Reply to
newshound

Only use I have for an old drill stand permanently fitted with an even older mains drill is for drilling lots of holes in thick wood. My cheap drill press has a maximum travel of 50mm - the drill stand rather more. So can be useful if you have a long enough drill.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sounds a lot easier than loosesning the chuck and dropping the bit further into the workpiece to get another inch.

NT

Reply to
meow2222