Pillar Drill / Drill Press

Hi,

I need to do some vertical drilling for various projects, and I need either a drill stand (for £18) which I could place my drill, OR a pillar drill (for £30) I am unsure which is better, Sammy

Reply to
Sam Berlyn

Sam Berlyn did say:

Depends on their construction of course, but generally speaking a pillar drill (drill press to us yanks) is going to be more robust and precise.

Reply to
WoodMangler

You may have better luck then I did, but I tried 2 different models of drill stands that friends had, with 3 different drills... None of my drills really fit the holders very well and I had a lot of alignment problems... never did get a really reliable, square-to-the-surface hole drilled with them...

If the drill press/pillar drill is affordable, I'd suggest giving it a go... not only more durable and precise, but you get to use your drill for other jobs.. YMMV

Reply to
mac davis