Drawer runners

Hi

I've gotta fix a broken drawer runner. I assume a bottom fix one would be easier to retrofit, is that right? I've got clear access underneath, no side access. I've not much experience with these. How do you get the alignment precisely right?

cheers, NT

Reply to
meow2222

Are you talking about fitting one of the new-fangled metal-slidey-bits-with-wheels?

I'd try to identify the manufacturer and look to their documentation. Certainly works with other Blum products. So far I have managed to get the alignment right by using the holes provided by the self-assemly manufactuerer. :-)

Incidentally, I do have a number of such runners (both drawer and cabinet parts) in the shed. Of course, they are bound to be the wrong make/size/type - but I could put a pair into a jiffy bag... If you wish to avail yourself of this once-in-a-lifetime offer, suggest private mail.

Reply to
Rod

I was surprised to find that B&Q have loads of different length runners.

Reply to
fred

Er, I dont know... this is what I looked at:

I'd try to identify the manufacturer and look to their documentation.

Right, thank you, I'll go measure it tomorrow. I spose I'll just have to use my 3 hands and 4 eyes to line the drawer up while holding the runner and fixing it underneath.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

or

I know for sure I have several in the style of the Drawer Sys 450 linked on that page (but they came off a large unit I recently took to the tip

- not from SF - and are now in box in the way in my shed). Perfect condition. I am not sure what I have in the way of bottom fix - but definitely some, somewhere.

Reply to
Rod

Right, ta. I dont think I'd be able to aline it properly with a standard side mount runner, so will go with a bottom one. I dont have your addy, meow doesnt any more, and I dont want to put an addy here, so do you want to drop me a line at ukdiy at mailinator dott com

cheers, NT

Reply to
meow2222

My posting email address is valid! (I just ignore the spam.)

Reply to
Rod

.

Yes... but I dont know what it is :) Google edits them all.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Ahhhh! Sorry 'bout that. Only use google groups rarely and then mainly for looking at archives so I didn't think of that.

The first part is polygonum.

The rest is at ntlworld in the .com domain.

Reply to
Rod

Its a funny service. OK, I've mailed you. Cheers,

NT

Reply to
meow2222

But it failed to get through...