double gazing New Milton

I know this might be a long shot question and normally double glazing salesmen seem find you first.. however..

Can anyone recomend a decent installer in the New Milton area or a bit further afield . I have decided that it's passed time to get the remaining windows and doors done on my house, I really don't want another cold winter! I did my bedroom window a few years ago, replaced it myself but ICBA to DIY this time ( not sure you are still alowed to DIY windows anyway are you?)

Also the chap who is coming around on Saturday to give my first quote says all glass is made be Pilkington and that they have to use K glass in 70mm units these days, are these a lot warmer ?

I wander if gas prices are going to come down now this new pipeline is in place !

Simon

Reply to
srp

Not sure if this will help.

have everrest coming on Monday, Anglain windows last week, windows did look good, he spend most of his time rubbishing other companies.

He seemd really concerned when he left without an order, as I said I asked for a quote and that's all that I was getting a quote and that I'd be checking the web,and other suppliers for two weeks BEFORE comitting myself to spending anything.

Reply to
whisky-dave

When I was faced with this I asked around relatives and neighbours and came up with 3 local firms that people were pleased with. I narrowed it down to 2 firms and went to their showrooms with my measurements for a chat and rough estimates, and that narrowed it down to one firm who got the work. They replaced 12 windows and 3 doors, and we are very pleased with the job.

Reply to
Codswallop

Not surprised fairly broad limits DG is DG. You'd do well to google on Anglian in this group both for stories about Anglian and how best to find a DG company.

Of course he was he'd just spent several hours with you and not earnt his not inconsiderable commision!

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

=== snip

Pennington and Lacey in Southampton did a good job for us some years ago. (5+ years ago). Smallish company - no high pressure stuff... Seems like a good product - steel internals etc..

Came out last week and fixed a slightly ill fitting door without question - no charge..

I have no links with them - just a customer...

Roy

Reply to
RzB

New Milton in Hampshire?

I had a company in ferndown called select do our last windows and they were very good.

however, I'm just about to do our new house myself! wish me luck

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk wrote:

Reply to
Harris