DIN rail terminal links?

As part of an ongoing project (Proper Lathe power supply with inverters and emergency stops etc.) I have to make up a DIN rail based junction box full of contactors etc., and rather than linking feed-through terminals (a mixture of 2.5 and 4mm rail-mounted) with fiddly bits of wire I'd like to use proper links - anyone know where I might get these? I've done the Google search and none the wiser, perhaps they're not called that! They're not the usual CU busbars, as the spacings are different (ranging from 6 to 9.5mm), ideally I'd like single links rather than (narrow spaced) busbars. Any clue-by-fours anyone can beat me with?

Cheers all, Dave H

Reply to
Dave H.

Hmmm, I don't know, but if there's anything suitable, Weidmuller (Klippon) will make it.

Thinking about it, they do terminals and cross linking bars that go on top and screw into the extra screwhole in the middle of their terminals

- I'm pretty sure that they do various spacings and very short lengths that can be overlapped to link different terminals, although you may also need spacers in the heights are different. They also produce (or certainly used to) various spacings of cross-linking comb, with break off teeth and insulated backs so that they can pass each other for linking different groups of terminals.

SteveW

Steve Walker

Well, all DIN rail terminal suppliers sell links as part of their offer. You need to get the links which go with the brand, style and size of terminal.

They are usually called "jumpers" or "jumper bars":

e.g.

try searching for "jumper bar" in Farnell or RS

or check out

sell Entrelec and will get you anything you want from the catalogue.

Or try

Dave Osborne

Conta-Clip are a similar terminal and are usually cheaper. See

've found them very helpful.

Reply to
mick

Bad form to reply to your own post, I know ;-)

I should mention that one annoying thing is that terminal manufacturers often do not give a current rating for the jumpers, so you have to be careful if you're using them to distribute "raw power", (ac or dc).

Reply to
Dave Osborne

There are better ways of doing power distribution than linked terminals. Typically a bus system based on something like 10x3 (there are other sizes) copper bar with slide-on clamps and plastic clamp supports. These are used with a clear plastic cover. They are also available in TP&N. There are also little coloured plastic covers available for the cable clamps so you can colour code the bus.

Reply to
mick

Well, yes, for some value of better. If you are only distributing a few amps, then jumper bars may well be the simplest, least-cost and most compact solution. Copper busbars is right at the other end of the scale and there are plenty of other options in between:

e.g.

Dave Osborne