Dewalt DC600K Cordless 3.6v Screwdriver

Does anyone own one of these and if so are they ok for little jobs here and there.

In the description it mentions the following 'Quick release 6.35mm magnetic collet for ease of use and convenience'

Does that mean most standard bits will fit or do you have to buy Dewalt bits and how would you go about using drill bits in it, do you need to buy Dewalt stuff again or do you just need some adaptor.

Thanks

Reply to
Gogs

I've used one and it's OK for what it is. The chuck takes the standard hex bits that all manufacturers use.

However, if you want a better tool in this class, then the Metabo is quite a bit better.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the info, I have seen a similar Dewalt one which is a 7.2v version, would that one be much better and could you tell me which model of Metabo, perhaps point me in the right direction for it.

WIth regards to the Dewalt one, how do you go about using Drill bits, do you need some form of adaptor for that.

Reply to
Gogs

You either get a hex shanked drill bit, or a hex shanked chuck adaptor.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks John,

I have seen the hex drill bits but cant seem to find an adaptor online, do you know if screwfix do them as I am about to order some stuff from them.

Reply to
Gogs

Best on test in a recent woodworking magazine was the Ryobi, also sold under the B&Q Performance Pro label for an incredible £14:99! I have the B&Q one and it's excellent. Ideal for those smaller jobs like hinges etc. Highly reccommended.

It doesn't have a chuck as such, unlike a bigger drill/driver so the bits fit an industry standard hexagon fitting. You can buy sets of drill bits with hexagon fittings quite cheaply. Hex Shank Drill Set

begin 666 trolley_header_find.gif M1TE&.#EA"0`*`( !`/_______R'Y! $```$`+ `````)``H```(2C!^@RX#H .VGHG2D?3Q

Reply to
david lang

I've got one of the DeWalt 7.2v ones and it's pretty good for small to medium sized screws (say up to about 5mm * 50mm). It's quite light for its power.

The Metabo is called the Powermaxx. There are a couple of options - a basic one and a kit with an angle chuck.

There are a few options that I use.

- Longer than normal bits directly into the chuck.

- A magnetic holder and bits made by Wiha. You can buy the bits in bulk if you like.

I quite like to use Torx bits. These have a star shape in the head of the screw rather than the cross type shape of the Pozidriv and are much less likely to cam out under torque.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not sure if screwfix do one. Axminster do:

John Rumm