Corsa wing mirror

SWMBO's nearside mirrors been pranged. Glass is cracked but still there.

I guess replacing the glass is easy enough, but when you adjust the angle it stays in position for a while, then springs upwards - so all you could see would be low flying aircraft.

It manually adjustable, wiggly thing inside door.

Is this fixable? Never had one apart before. Do you remove it from inside the door panel?

Or do I need to visit a) main dealer or b) scrappy?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The adjuster may not be broken. It might now be playing up because the glass is cracked or not sitting correctly in the wirror housing due to the bang it had. Once you have got the glass off you will see how the adjuster works and you can grease it if needed.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The actual mirror is usually fixed to a frame which unclips from the pivot mechanism. But can be awkward to remove/refit. Swing the mirror to the maximum travel and you should be able to see one or more of the clips - usually four in total. The pivot mechanism usually just relies on friction to stay in place since there's no weight etc to counterbalance. Although I'm not familiar with every type.

There's usually one large nut round the wiggly thing that holds it in place. Perhaps covered by a plastic trim?

Dunno. I've usually managed to fix them - but if the outside is damaged too a replacement might be the easy way. Can be a pain if they're painted the same colour as the car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It'll be behind a ( possibly triangular) piece of plastic on the inner side of the door behind the mirror ....try gently prising that off . As for getting a replacement I got one for my Munndayoh (off Ebay iirc) but it wasn't painted so you might need to consider that but it was cheap. You could also Google for Corsa spares

-------------- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

Thanks chaps - got it sorted. plastic plate behind mirror, two clips & two small bowden cable type things - bugger to get in, but long nosed pliers won the day. Local accessory shop had a self adhesive mirror glass that fitted perfectly.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman