One Way Mirror Glass

I want to make my wife a bird feeder that goes in a window and it has one way mirror glass in it. (See

. I need to know where I can find the glass. Finding it locally is not an option at this point. Anyone know where on the WWW I can find it. Thanks.

Reply to
Jay

> . I need to know where I can find the glass. Finding it locally is not an

Your best bet would be to apply reflective window film, often used on RV's, to standard glass.

Nova

The magic words are "half silvered" (describing the type of mirror backing)

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

The magic words are "half silvered" (describing the type of mirror backing)

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Not to mention the buckets of bird shit they'll deposit on the porch every week.

Personally, I like birds even less than pushsticks, so my idea of a good bird feeder is one that's only 1' off the ground. Combination shit factory feeder and pushstick feeder. Then all you have to do is put a dog nearby and feed him the pushsticks. The circle of life continues.

Reply to
Silvan

better yet, a webcam....

Reply to
nospam

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:55:35 -0800, "Jay" brought forth from the murky depths:

Since I moved to Oregon I've seen a lot more birds. They never hit the original single-glazed windows but they hit the dual-glazed panes all the time, especially in the fall and early winter. I think it's because they reflect more with the low-emissivity glazing. The birds think it's open sky or bush to land on and WHAP! reality hits 'em square in the beak.

I suggest using a 1/16" smoked lexan to back the feeder you build. It wouldn't be as much like a mirror to them and it would let you see the birds through it. Alternatively, if you don't have a cat, don't put a back on it. Birds can't see through windows very well.

----- = The wealth of reality, cannot be seen from your locality. =

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques