Cordless screwdrivers

Hi im looking for a cordless screwdriver nothing fantastic just to screw and unscrew the cases on computers any recommendations.

thanks

steve

Reply to
SJ

SJ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Best I ever had was a little Black and Decker 2.4 volt.

As it's very old and battered and I can't find my preferred replacement (another one) I recently wheedled (as a pressy) a 3.6v powerbase fom homebase, (I think)

That's quite good, but not as nice as my little B&D.

You don't need much guts for your task, but it saves a load of arm-twisting running up the threads on some of those loooong little bolts.

Be SURE it's got automatic spindle lock, so in the e3vent of needing a little extra welly, you can us it as a manual for final tightening or loosing

mike

Reply to
mike ring

I love my Ixo but I did have to return my first model due to a fault.

Reply to
Seri

"Seri" wrote in news:1105747073.249458.142390 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

I don't really like the pistol type ones as they're awkward for manual use, but while follownig up your post I found this

Black & Decker KC9024T Cordless Screwdriver 2.4V

which looks like it might do, tho it's very expensive - my old one came free with a workmate; she wasn't bad either

mike

Reply to
mike ring

A 2.4v one will be fine for that.