Cooker and Hob

I'm thinking of changing my free standing cooker for a hob and built under oven (requires hard wiring).

Question: Can I use the existing single feed (it is adequate) to feed both the hob and oven via the single isolating switch. Or do I need to install another circuit and isolating switch back the the CU.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Most built-under ovens (but NB, not all) come with a 13A plug attached so can be plugged into an ordinary socket on the kitchen ringmain, which leaves your existing cooker feed free for the hob. (It's hobs which use all the lecky, not ovens.)

David

Reply to
Lobster

Not the one my wife wants - it has a separate grill and oven and requires hard wiring!!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Answered my own question - when I eventually found the on line manual - yes it does appear to be acceptable to use a single switch!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

So you'll need to get an electrician in to certify?

Reply to
stuart noble

Provided the switch is within 2 metres of *both* appliances.

Owain

Reply to
Owain