chop saw/compound mitre saw

And whilst I'm on the subject of pwer tools..............
Any recommendations for an affordable chop saw? I saw a Ryobi (2500A - I think) for 80, not bad for the power rating.
Budget is between 50-120.
Any help greatly appreciated.
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:33:38 +0000, wrote:

I am using a Rexon M2501A, (I think), 80 from b&q warehouse in Leeds. Reduced cos it was 110V. I believe they are now doing something similar in 240V, it does well for a cheapy. Ebay can be quite good for second hand Makita and DeWalt stuff.
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:33:38 -0000, "MattP" <@tiscali.co.uk {add mattspersonal before @}> wrote:

Rutlands have just started a new Fox range which have caught my attention. Perhaps others can offer thoughts about the Fox range?
http://www.rutlands.co.uk
PoP
Yeah, looks good value for the money 99.
I did notice that BanQ have got a Ryobi 1400w compound for 70, reduced from 100.

I noticed those, the 290mm one at 149.95 looks good, has nice looking fine-tooth blade, dual bar slide. There's a B&Q one and an Axminster one at similar prices, but are single slide bar models, which doesn't seem like a good idea for rigidity of the head. Had a play with a few slide compounds in B&Q the other day, annoyed that the P-pro 169 model (2000W) was locked down in its transport mode and I couldn't figure out how to release it.
--
Steve

I've got the B&Q one, and it's pretty rigid. But doesn't slide very well, unlike the twin bar types. As such I tend to use the slide as a sort of preset, but cutting even 12" board doesn't show the 'join'.
--
*Does fuzzy logic tickle? *