Compound Mitre Saw

I bought a Compound Mitre saw today. Don't really need it now, but I know I'll need it in about 6 months for a major project. Reason I bought it today is that I had a big % off coupon and had to buy other things so I decided to get the most out of the coupon for something I know I'll need soon.

Anywho, the one I bought was a Makita LS1013L for about $450. It is a sliding compound miter saw with a laser sight. Any comments before it's too late to return or exchange?

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Warren Weber

That is a very nice saw. I have used its big brother the LS1212. They are dead on accurate. Personally, I have my eye on the Bosch 4410. Just waiting for the tax return, :) Don't forget to equip this baby with a Forrest blade.

Ed

Reply to
Ed B

You might want to post this on rec.woodworking, where there are a lot of experienced, knowledgable and, sometimes , opinionated, tool users.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

Return it. It does not make sense to get it now. Sales come and go, and you can expect one in 6 months. You are wasting away 1/2 of your warranty without even using the product.

My opinion is to buy it when you need it as its the best way for you to tell if everything is in order.

Full Disclosure: I bought a Dewalt 3 weeks ago and was excited about the *one* cut I made so far. I'm nervous though I think it has a 2 year warranty. If it turns out I need more features then Im stuck ebaying it...

Reply to
dnoyeB

I didn't read the other posts but I suspect they will be same as mine. Its a great saw. I have had mine for years. For my use I get even more utility with it by having a stand. I have

No

Bosch, DeWalt, Makita and Porter Cable make fine compound saws. The Bosch stands out as it can tilt a bit more than the others, has color-coded controls, and probably the most-favored brand. I have a DeWalt compound miter (non-sliding) and it does everything I need it to do. Slider miters are expensive. You made a good purchase with the Makita and it's a keeper.

Reply to
Phisherman

I dunno. I bought a 10" Black & Decker compound miter saw at Wal-Mart during a Christmas sale for $56.00 (they're back up to $98 now). Works swell.

Reply to
HeyBub