Wanted: Cheap Sliding Chop Saw

Hi, Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most are going for more than I can afford at the moment. So if anyone hear or know of one up for grabs or a good supplier please let me know.

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Joker7

Where are you? Trago had a nice one but you would have to check whether they still have stock. But they only have branches in East Devon and Cornwall and don't do mail order.

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

What budget? Wickes have a nice one at £99.99

Aldi have them every now & then.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sunny Southend On Sea Essex not to sunny at the moment.

Chris

Reply to
Joker7

Looked at that one online have you used it ?

Chris

Reply to
Joker7

20 mins left:

The LS1013 usually go for about £200 ish.

?hash=item250269498554
?hash=item130237158870

Reply to
John Rumm

The

?hash=item250269498554
?hash=item130237158870 That

would be a very good buy at that price and is unquestionably up to trade use.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I've got a DeWalt DW700 in immaculate condition, including leg stand.

=A390 as it stands with a very good original blade, or =A3110 including a brand new spare freud diablo blade.

I'm based in Norfolk, but in London once or twice a month.

Reply to
dom

Im watching/biding on a couple at the moment on ebay .Was just wondering if anyone know other places to pick one up ,and what is about.Money is a bit low at the moment as I have just made a big donation to some junkies...so have a couple of thing that need replacing..

Chris

Reply to
Joker7

Might be worth giving Marshall & Parsons a ring (they are on London road in the Leigh on Sea ish area), see if they know of any local suppliers of second hand kit.

John Rumm

Not used it, but I had a good look at one in store the other day, seems like a very good piece of kit for the money.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Aldi DID have them on sale just a couple of weeks ago Priced at £49:95 IIRC

T-L

Reply to
Tamale-Loco

The OP did ask for "good trade quality" though...

Reply to
John Rumm

Depends what trade he is in?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

To restore balance to the world Joker7 wrote in hNrek.118883$ snipped-for-privacy@fe097.usenetserver.com

Thanks for all the replies and offers. I now have a load machine,so do not have to rush into things at the moment.

I most say at the lower end of thing the Wicks @149 looked ok from what I could see from the web-site..

Chris

Reply to
Joker7

That wouldn't be Gordon and his tax hungry mates would it?

Lad next door has just left for the Isle of Man for a few days, to avoid paying income tax (he normally works on a survey ship in the North Sea, so I'm not sure of the reasons for doing this.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Toys R Us employee?

Reply to
Andy Hall

To have X number of days resident outside of mainland UK. There is a quaifying number of days for non residency. I suppose that the tours of duty on board the ships don't always run precisely.

Reply to
Andy Hall

When the Aldi SCMS was last discussed, someom=ne on this group bought one to improve the production speed of rabbit hutch building or something similar IIRC.

Thats a trade. Possibly not one that requires absolute precision cutting or continuous daily use, but it's still a trade. The Aldi saw may well be over spec for that trade.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That would depend on the quality of the rabbit hutches. There's some real rubbish in pet stores so I made my own. Bunny and Guinea should not have to live in substandard accomodation.

Reply to
Andy Hall