Chniney Hood Sizes

hello all

i have a 60cm hob and i would like to buy a chimney hood to match> is it recomended that i get a 60cm hood or a wider one.

thank you in advance

-- regards

Andy

Reply to
Andy

In my previous house I had fitted a 60cm hood over a 60cm gas hob and regretted it because it did not always capture the steam/ cooking fumes. Currently I have fitted a 90cm hood over a 60cm gas hob and am well satisfied with it's performance. I would guestimate that on half power setting it captures perhaps 90% as opposed to say 70% that the 60cm hood captured. It's also important to consider air flows in your kitchen before siting the cooker/hob. My air intake to the kitchen is sited at the dining end which is at the opposite end of the cooker location. Hope this helps Best Regards Don

Reply to
Donwill

Wider the better. More important is a good size outlet hole and trunking. Also if the outlet faces into the prevailing wind (Usually SW) be sure and fit a deflector or the motor can burn out pretty quick.

Paul Mc cann

Reply to
TPMcCann

A big thank you to all who replied thanks very much

best wishes for the new year

-- Regards

Reply to
Andy