Check the box!

It'll be still on the shelves, some one will buy it and eventually someone will not be bothered (or maybe not even notice) that parts are missing.

Restocking returned goods "as new" with damage or faults is very common. This is the primary reason I avoid buying in DSG Retail group stores (Dixons, PC World, The Link, Currys) having bought stuff "as news" shrink wrapped, sealed, only to find it "used" and obviously a customer return on unpacking the product at home. Be very wary of places that insist that

*everything* is returned when you reject goods due to faults or damage.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Mmm. That's one reason why I try to avoid such places.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I suppose they're are taking into consideration the customer might have arthuritis(arthritis). :-)

But on saying that what are they doing buying a tin of beans with pull ring opener?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I should stop speed reading! I read this as you were assembling a desk for a blind lady, found a bit missing so she got in her car and drove back to B&Q!

Dooh

Alan

Reply to
AlanC

The guide dog drove of course :)

Reply to
Richard Conway

The training's failed, then. Never once seen this although use Tesco often.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh well, perhaps they're not trained, perhaps I just get the intelligent ones who do it on their own initiative.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yeabut, you don't buy eggs. B-)

They certianly check them at the Carlisle 2 store.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "AlanC" saying something like:

I saw her this afternoon - backing out of her drive in the pouring rain, the poor dear couldn't see the wheelie bins. Rather than stop and move them, or simply take another cut at the exit (there was plenty of room on the other side), she insisted on running the car up and down the same spot, neither gaining nor losing an inch, while every time she did this, the bins were gaily scratching her paintwork.

I despaired, I really did.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Or they've got wise to you returning some, frequently.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Carlisle 2? Unless they have kept it very quiet there is only one Asda in Carlisle.

Reply to
Matt

No, because I don't buy eggs, I just show an interest in what the person in front of me is buying.

It helps to pass the time and some of the combinations of customer and product are perplexing.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Keep up, we are talking Tesco...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hahahaha! I can think of something else you're saying.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

LOL

They usually ask me if I have checked my eggs. My standard reply is 'yes there are 7, or sometimes I say that there are 8 eggs in the box'. Always brings a smile to their face :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

You might be, but there is also only one (big) Tesco in Carlisle

As you said "They certianly check them at the Carlisle 2 store"

So is the store called Asda, Tesco, or just 2 ?

Reply to
Matt

No one mentioned size, anyway I suspect all but the really tiny Tesco stores that are attached to garages sell eggs and even they might. eg Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne.

"Carlisle 2" is what is printed at the top of till recipts from the Tesco located near M6 J43. Presumably "Carlisle 1" or perhaps just "Carlisle" is the Tesco Metro in the city center, don't go into the city very often.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice