DIY boiler fit

Sorry if this is a regular question, but what is the LAW regarding fitting your own boiler?

General Question: I've been told you can fit your own boiler (as long as you adhere to installation regulations etc), it's only if you fit boilers "for gain" that you have to be corgi registered. Is that correct?

My Situation I'm confident I could install/plumb in a new boiler, but I'm happy to leave the gas side to an expert. So that raises a further question of am I likely to find someone who will quote for the gas side/commisioning only?

Thanks in advance, Darren.

Reply to
Darren

Have a read at

Adrian C

Great document.

Many thanks, Darren

Reply to
Darren

There's a section in the boiler choice FAQ and the standards may well help. Most system are now sealed so that FAQ might also help.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Snowball's chance in hell! I had a hell of a time trying to find a corgi who would even fit a boiler I bought, as opposed to one supplied by him. One problem is that if anything goes wrong later, whose fault will it be - you, the corgi guy, or the boiler manufacturer? Basically these guys have so much work on they can afford to be choosy enough not to even look at crappy jobs like you'd be offering.

All I'd say is make damned sure you find yourself a compliant corgi before you commit yourself!

David

Reply to
Lobster

I had no probs of the sort. Contacted a registered combi installe through the website of a top-line manufacturer (whom I wont mention who told me that he would supply all the kit (and match interne prices!!) and then I could install it and he comission it at the end All worked a treat and no probs whatsoever. We still keep in contact a he only lives down the road, so he'll be back to service it yearly

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

Would he do an oil boiler or a gas tank and gas boiler (no mains gas) near Guildford, Surrey ?

If so I would be able to give him some work

Nick

Reply to
Nick