Calling Henry users

Prompted by another posting, I've just bought some microfibre bags rather than the paper ones which we normally use. One of the eBay listings

sells 10 bags with one of the cloth secondary filters. I've never replaced our cloth filter (I vacuum it occasionally) but SO is complaining of lack of suction which makes me wonder if I should.

How often do you guys replace these?

TIA

Reply to
newshound

Ny Henry has never had the main filter replaced in 7+ years (and it still looks clean). For the past 5 years or so it has only been fitted with the disposable Numatic Hepta-Flo dust bags. The bags seem similar to the ones you link to. The Numatic bags are 12 inches by 16 inches when laid out flat and have a rubber seal to the inlet pipe. No loss of suction seen until the bag gets really overfull. The Henry has not only been used for general household cleaning but also to vacuum up plaster/cement dust which the Hepta-Flo bags catch effectively.

OR

A loss of suction could be due to a partial blocking of the hose. Try running a garden hose with fully mains water pressure through the vacuum hose.

To see if the main filter is the cause of the lack of suction just remove it for a few minutes and see if the suction improves.

Reply to
alan_m

Good point, I will try that. Already checked for blocked hose. Suction actually seems OK to me, I have a suspicion that my wife doesn't always close the lid properly after replacing bags (which would explain everything).

Thanks also to other poster.

Reply to
newshound

On 23/05/2016 10:48, newshound wrote: proves.

My Henry also has a green low suck/high suck switch. Has yours been accidentally been set to the low position?

Reply to
alan_m

Good point, but no: the noise changes!

Reply to